Perfect for the frosty weather.
What you need:
- 2 Jackfruit Cans/2 lbs.
- 2 Cans of Hominy washed
- 5 Chile California
- 4 Chile Guajillo
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Marjoram
- 2 Teaspoons Sage
- 2 Teaspoons All-Spice
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Frying Oil of choice
- 12 cups of Vegetable Broth* (a full pot)
How to cook:
Clean Jackfruit Remove seeds and hard rims. Make sure to rinse it 4-6 times in a colander. Dry it well and set aside.
Heat up Pot on MedLow. Add Broth and Hominy and let simmer.
- Clean Chiles from seeds and peel the veins
- Rinse and clean under running water several times
- Submerge Chiles in a deep dish/pot with warm drinking water not too hot*. You will use this water later
- Once the Chiles are soft, Add to blender
- Add the Garlic Cloves, Water from the Chiles as needed to blend and Salt to taste
- Blend really well for 3-4 minutes
- Strain it in a small colander from leftover seeds and skins.
- Set aside
- Heat up a pan and add 4 Tablespoons of frying oil of choice.
- Add chopped Onions and Jackfruit.
- Stir to cover all fruit in oil.
- Add Sage, All-Spice and Marjoram Stir.
- Dust some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Pepper and Stir some more.
- Add a couple of scoops of Salsa Roja and Salt to taste.
- Stir for 3-4 more minutes
Add Jackfruit to Hominy Pot
- Add Salsa Roja and Salt to your liking – the more Salsa you add the spicier.
- Let it simmer for 40 minutes or until hominy is soft.
Serve with Chopped Cabbage, Cilantro, Lime, and Radish!