What you Need:
- 3 Chile Poblanos
- 1 cup of TVP
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Jalapeño remove seeds and chop
- 4 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce or Amino alternative
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt
How to Cook:
Grill the Poblano peppers until soft and roasted. Let them cool off then peel skin and remove the seeds by splitting it down the middle on one side. Set aside.
- Hydrate the TVP in hot water and drain it. Wash it several times and put it aside.
- Heat up a pan with oil of choice and add the garlic cloves. This will infuse the oil with flavor. Simmer until golden then take them out and discard.
- Add the onions and the jalapeño.
- Sauté until onions are a bit translucent.
- Add the TVP and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Tomato.
- Add the Soy sauce, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Seasoned salt. (add salt to your taste if you need it)
- Sauté until TVP gets to a crisp.