What you Need:
- 1 cup of TVP
- 4 or more Corn Tortillas
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce, Amino alternative or Maggi* (I really like Maggi it adds such a good taste, you can find it at your local Supermarket)
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of All purpose Flour
- Salt to your taste
In a bowl mix ¼ water with your 2 tablespoon of flour. Mix until you get a thick paste. Set aside. This paste will be used to keep the taquitos integrity.
- Hydrate the TVP in hot water and drain it. Wash it several times.
- Heat up a pan with oil of choice and add the garlic cloves. This will infuse the oil with flavor. Simmer until golden then take them out and discard.
- Add the onions and sauté them for 1 minute.
- Add the TVP and mix.
- Add the Soy sauce, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Seasoned salt. (add salt to your taste if you need it)
- Sauté until TVP gets to a crisp.
- Set Filling aside
Heat up tortillas just for 4 seconds and wrap them up to stay warm.
Grab your Filling, add to tortilla and roll it up – adding the paste to the end of the tortilla as glue to keep the taquito together.
Heat up a pan, add oil to fill it about 1/4. Add Taquitos and fry all sides evenly on medium heat moving them around until crispy.